What DevOps Means?
In this article i will talk a little about devops:
I think you already know what DevOps means or what is devops?
I make a quick reminder and in short for people who do not know what it means DevOps, DevOps is a new approach/philosophy that aims to improve the communication between the development teams (Developers) and the operations teams (operations) by grouping them together, in the same entity to reduce time to market a products or a new version of an application (Time to Market).
So, to do this, you have to adopt a few identified DevOps practices include:
- Each member of the team must actively participate and work in collaboration with the other members of the team.
- The code must be stored in a repository using version management software like Git, GitLab, SVN, Bitbucket, etc …
- Test Automation: Running the tests manually can sometimes take a lot of time, and that’s what you try to optimize, so the solution will be writing the tests manually and running them automatically.
- Continuous integration: to simplify, it is the principle to check, ideally with each modification of source code, that the result of these modifications does not produce regression on the application.
- Auto Deployment: Once the continuous integration passes correctly and the tests that have been run have not produced any errors, then there is automatically deploying the new version of the application in the pre-production server or of production.
- Configuration management tools: The goals of Configuration Management tools are generally Configuration, Identification, Configuration idioms and baselines, configuration control, implementing a control change process.
- Monitoring: once the application is put production, it must be monitored ..monitor the physical state of servers, network performance, known attacks on the firewall without forgetting the analysis of log files (logs) using a dedicated solutions like graylog…
History of DevOps
What does DevOps offer to your businesss
Practicing DevOps as a philosophy gets you the latest, actionable answers to fundamental business questions:
- How do we improve product delivery to your clients ?
- How do you change product more quickly to better satisfy your clients?
- How do you recover after failing your customers?
- How do you get paid faster by your customers?