1. What is Kubernetes
When you deploy kubernetes like using kubeadmin you will get a clusterand you will be able to use it and deploy your applicatin inside.
A cluster is a group of machines, called nodes, that run multiple applications inside cluster managed by Kubernetes. A cluster has at one or more worker node(s) and at one or more master node(s).
In this post i going to explain you the various components you need to have a complete and working Kubernetes cluster.
This article is prepared for anyone who want to create cluster using kubernetes.
- An SSH key pair on your local Linux/Mac OS/BSD machine.
- Three servers running Ubuntu 18.04 with at least 2GB RAM and 2 vCPUs each.
3. Diagram of a Kubernetes cluster
below the diagram of a Kubernetes cluster with all the components tied together.
- The master server : consists of various components including a kube-apiserver, an etcd, kube-controller-manager, kube-scheduler, and DNS server for Kubernetes services.
- Node components : include kubelet and kube-proxy on top of Docker.
In this post, i have explained the installation of the Kubernetes cluster in Linux, Mac and Windows OS using minikube.
If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to leave a comment.
As always, if you found this post useful, then click like and share it 🙂